Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Tuesday's Reading, The Very Wide Load - Marcus Room 9

 

Today for my reading I had to read a book called The Very Wide Load. This story is by Debbie Croft. I read the book out loud to my sisters and then to myself. After reading the book, I had to complete the questions at the end of the story to talk about what had happened in the story. 


The questions are below: 

Where had Mum been for the past few days?

At the city 

Why did Dad groan when he looked at the road ahead? 

Because there a very wide load (truck)

Why was the truck taking up the whole road? 

Because it was turning. 

Why did Eva want Dad to overtake the very wide load? 

Because they were running late to pick up mum. 

Why would it have been dangerous to try to overtake the very wide load? 

Because it was a very wide load. 

Why didn’t Mum receive the first message Eva sent? 

Because the first message wouldn’t send.

Why did Dad say to try sending the message again when they were closer to town? 

So the mum doesn’t need to worry. 

Why did Eva think they had no chance of getting to the station on time? 

Because they might be late. 

Why do police and pilot vehicles need to travel the wide loads on the highway?

To keep it safe for everyone else. 

The story was so good and cool that I liked it a lot. I was able to explain and answer the questions about the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment