Monday, August 24, 2020

Equations: Hungry Birds - Marcus Room 9

               Equations - Hungry Birds

Today for my Math Equations Home Learning work, I am learning to use addition and subtraction to work out fractions of a set. I have watched a video where I am shown how to work out the equations given.


In the video there are 22 blocks so I gave 10 each to 2 people and there are 2 left so I gave 1 each to them 2 people again and now they have 11 blocks each. So they each got 10 blocks and then 1 more block each. So ½ of 22 is 11.



Now there are 24 blocks so I have to share the blocks between 4 people so I have to give 5 each to every person which now leaves 4 blocks so they all get 1 extra block so now they have 6 blocks each. So ¼ of 24 is 6. 


On my own, I had to work out the equation of Two birds, Billy and Bonnie pulled a large worm out of the ground. They measure it to be 10 cubes long and if each bird gets ½ of the worm, how much will they get? ½ of 10 cubes equals 5 so they will get 5 cubes of the worm. 




1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Marcus, I like the way you share your math's work and by solving the equation. Ka Pai!

    ReplyDelete